An All-Access Concept. Using technology that reduces the burner flame size, boilers can become less than a fifth the size of conventional plants and therefore, barge mountable.
Anatomy of a Barge
Pulverized Coal Boilers are enormous field fabricated units that must “hang” from expensive superstructures to allow for thermal expansion. SEAPOWER® Micronized Coal Boilers are small modular floor-mounted units typical of those that burn heavy fuel oil; as such, are barge mountable.
- Lower capital and lifecycle costs are realized with modular boilers, reduced steel structure, quicker installation, cheaper fuel, and greater redundancy.
- Portability allows for construction in modern shipyards with attractive financing in US and Canada or lower construction costs in Korea or Japan.
- Remote areas can be served with minimal land requirements in an optimal 50-100 megawatt range.
Flame Size Dictates Structure Size
- Boiler size is directly related to the size of the combustion flame. Our exclusive technology produces micron-sized coal particles so fine they burn similar to heavy fuel oil in small compact boilers. A comparable pulverized coal boiler can be as much as five times larger than a micronized coal boiler.
Coal Micronization Technology
- Our micronizer technology outputs coal particles on a micron scale; allowing coal to burn faster and more intense in significantly less-expensive, small-scale boilers. Their unique size is what allows the plant to be barge mounted.